GET MORE WITH PADMORE AND VOTE KAT FOR ACTIVITIES & OPPORTUNITIES!
I’m Kat Padmore, and as Activities & Opportunities Officer, I’m going to get more out of LUU for you.
- MORE SKILLS-BASED TRAINING:
- A new training scheme for committees on what it actually takes to run a society - including tips on leadership, funding, event planning and meetings.
- Language buddy programme for ESL students
- Event training on accessibility for people with a disability (like me!).
- Access to vital first-aid training, especially for sport and outdoor socs
- NO MORE BAD COMMUNICATION:
- Requiring the union respond to you within a time limit, so you’re not hanging around for weeks.
- Reduce unwanted emails by creating one single union newsletter across departments and limiting the number of emails each department is allowed to send you.
- Staff directory on the union website, so you know who to talk to.
- Monthly town halls with senior staff - to keep the union accountable.
- NO MORE LOST TIME:
- Help sourcing and paying for COVID-safe spaces.
- Waiving fees on COVID-safe events.
- Organise COVID-safety training for committees.
- Make the union provide free consistent marketing across LUU channels for ALL societies.
- Plus, I’ll bring back Virtual Fruity- with socs choosing the tunes.
As your media rep, LSTV training head and co-chair of the disability services student panel, I know what good representation looks like. I have the connections to lay the foundations for long-term change, because you deserve to get more with Padmore.
SEE MY FULL PLAN AT: VOTEFORKAT.COM