"£41m on student support and yet I still feel unsupported."
Vote Harriet for Wellbeing
- Redirect mental health budget to targeted, honest mental health support, and acknowledge that whilst wellbeing sessions benefit some students, they are not a substitute for mental health intervention.
- Increase counselling capacity. Three sessions are not enough! Two week waiting lists leave people dangerously unsupported.
- More early intervention support! Work with each school/department to create a buddy system and peer listening group within each course.
- Prioritise LUU funding for mental health societies, including Nightline, Mind Matters and Mantality.
- Increase funding and visibility of disability services to remove delays in setting up the right support.
- Work with housing union Acorn to empower students against landlords (holding fees, deposits), especially for Freshers and International students
- Educate students on their rent strike rights and increase financial support
- Too many of us don't feel safe in Hyde Park. Work with MPs and Councillors (big up Alex) to ensure Hyde Park is safe, and increase lighting in Woodhouse Moor
- As President of Students for Sensible Drug Policy, I have lobbied the university to adopt a harm reduction approach to student drug use; I pledge to hold the uni to account.
- Ensure LUU gets the free drug testing kits in the Union that we voted for.
- Work with Forward Leeds to create a uni-wide drugs education campaign, coinciding with the reopening of clubs #safesh